Saturday, April 11, 2009

The first post

every week, i get excited to read the blogs of a few friends i follow.  it's a cool insight into their lives and lets you know what things are going on around town.  a few scare me into training a bit harder or a bit less and a few others simply make me want to eat better.  so here is mine!  hopefully i can keep it up to date...

a little about me...born and raised in minneapolis, minnesota, educated in the greatest school in the greatest city in the world, madison, wisconsin.  further (and more important) education as a bartender at paul's club, the greatest bar in the world.  moved out to san diego in 1999 and started work as a landscape architect.  2 years after the big move i raced my first triathlon and told my coach after i crossed the line, one down one-thousand more to go.  fell in love with the sport and have pretty much spent all my time (and money) racing triathlons since.  met the love of my life while serving as a triathlon 'coach' (just trying to meet girls), paula gomez in 2004 and we were married down in colombia, where's she from, in 2007.  she loves the tri-lifestyle as much as i do and our favorite times are when we pass each other out on the race course, doesn't get any better than that...

when not training i'm at my office in solana beach, burton studio.  we're a small landscape architecture studio specializing in resort design.  we're all over the place right now.  finished a 7 year resort project in newport beach last year, the resort at pelican hill.
also had a great project on cabo recently too that brought me all over mexico for 'research'.  now we're keeping our heads above water in pretty scary times but busy on a ritz in saudi arabia and a 35,000 sq.ft palace in dubai!

paula and i live in del mar, about a 10 minute run from 'the sunday run'.  love the location and house and share it with our cat, celeste.  that's about it for an intro, now on to the fun stuff...

patrick


1 comment:

  1. Hi Patrick,

    I am a casting director in Los Angles, I am working on a project that requires me to cast a Tri-Athlete. Please call me or email so that I can give you details and see if this is something you would be interested in.
    Cell 213-308-5535 email annieegian@gmail.com
    Thanks,
    Annie

    ReplyDelete